Our meal team will be making meals to distribute to some of our neighbors. Click here for a list of items needed. Items can be placed in the cooler outside of the church (it will be emptied several times a day).
If you know someone in need of a meal, please email email@example.com.
Ways to help our community:
- Buy a pizza for local healthcare workers! Donate HERE.
- The Senior Center is looking for donations of toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap and dish soap. In addition, they are taking basic toiletry items such as shampoo, soap/body wash, tooth paste and tooth brushes. Donations can be dropped in the marked bin near the doors of the church.
- We are collecting non-perishable foods to be donated to the Perry County Food Bank.
- Both Duncannon and Marysville have opportunities to help provide lunch to kids while they are home from school. They are in need of volunteers to help hand out meals on site. Cornerstone has also committed to providing volunteers to families who cannot drive to Duncannon to pick up their meals. Contact Maryann Camacci (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you'd like to help.
- The Backpack Program through the Perry County Food Bank is in need of volunteers. Contact the Food Bank at 717-582-9978 to help out.
Sign up to serve the Cornerstone family and beyond:
- Pick up items for a neighbor. If we get a call about someone in our community that is unable to go to the grocery store, pick up medication at the pharmacy, etc, we will contact you to help get the necessary items.
- Delivery items to a neighbor. If we get a call about someone in our community that needs a meal or other supplies, we'll call you to deliver to their home. **We will be practicing door drops. We will call the neighbor and give an anticipated arrival time and drop the items at their door so there is no contact and no risk.
- Donate items for reach opportunity. We are working with other community organizations to best love our neighbors. If there are specific supplies needed, we will contact you.
- Call and check in on someone unable to leave their home. THIS is a big one! Take a few moments to call one or more people just to keep them connected to the outside world. Many people in high risk groups will be distant from community, friends and possibly loved ones for 2 weeks or more. We will provide you with names and phone numbers.
- Help someone navigate online. As older neighbors are forced to stay in their home, they may need help navigating how to do simple tasks online. If we hear of these needs, we will connect you with the neighbor.
- Administrative help. Help us manage all of the requests coming in and connected those that need help with volunteers who can serve them.
- Social Media host. As we move to online worship services, act as a "virtual" greeter! (Training will be provided.)
We will continue to post opportunities as we learn of them. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook to stay up to date!
Use this page to pass out your contact information to your neighbors if they are in need.