With any outreach event, we strive to be the hands and feet of Jesus so our community can experience the love of Christ. Sometimes this is by meeting financial or material needs but sometimes this is by having fun and reminding our neighbors that we care about them and God does too!
On Saturday, August 12 from 1-3 pm we will be hosting a community party for the residents of Skyview Gardens in Duncannon. We plan to prepare a fun afternoon for the residents including food, games, activities, giveaways and more! Most of all, we want to be able to introduce ourselves to our neighbors, remind them how much they are loved, and have conversations and get to know them. We would love to have a full team of volunteers to represent Cornerstone on this day! You can sign up to help at cccduncannon.com/reach or contact Megan Safko (megan@cccduncannon).
How to help:
- Preparation - on Thursday and Friday prior to the event, help to organize and pack supplies
- Food preparation - prepare the food for the meal we will be serving.
- Set Up - transport and set up supplies at Skyview Gardens. (If you've got a truck, we could use your help).
- Food Serving - serve food to residents
- Giveaways - We will have a station to "fill your pantry" and a station for kids to "fill their backpacks" with supplies. This is just our gift to community members, there are no requirements.
- Kids Games - Ody will be planning some fun games for kids in the complex. Game assistants are needed.
- Kids activities - Lauren will be helping kids tie dye socks (we KNOW there will be a crazy sock day planned this school year). Helpers needed!
- Minglers - If you've got the "gift of gab," come along and get to know our neighbors. We'll give you some basic talking points about Cornerstone if any questions should arise but otherwise, we just want to listen and let them know we care for them!
If we have a large enough team, we'd love to offer a frozen treat (snow cones), another kids activity (face painting or tattoos) and more. If you've got a skill, contact Megan so we can share it with our community.
(Why Skyview Gardens? We've found that when we try to reach ALL of Duncannon at one time, we aren't able to make great connections. We already have some friends in this community and have a great relationship with the property management. By focusing on a smaller portion of the community, we hope to not only have some fun but also get to know our neighbors a little better! This will not take the place of full community outreaches, but smaller groups make it easier to foster relationships which is exactly what we want to do!).